Logistics Sector Skill Council, (LSC) a society registered under the Societies Registration act, 1860 is a not for profit organization set up by Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) though National Skill Development Corporation of India (NSDC) and promoted by Confederation of Indian Industries Institute of Logistics (CII-IL) a Centre of Excellence in Logistics with the aim to develop skill trained as well as up-skill the workforce in India.
The objectives of Logistics Sector Skill Council are as follows.
- Carryout the Occupational and Functional Mapping of the Sector/ Sub Sector to assess the Job Roles in demand
- Develop the Occupational Standards
- Develop Curriculum and Content for the Job Roles (for Standardisation in Training Delivery)
- Monitor Training, Implement Third Party Assessment and Certify
- Endeavour to provide an end-to-end solution, i.e. Help Mobilise, Skill Train, Help Place (employ), Track and Develop Career Progression
- Facilitate in creating viable Industry driven structured solutions for skilling